District Administrative Offices Issues Prohibitory Order
District Administrative Offices ("DAO") of Kathmandu, Lalitpur and Bhaktapur on August 19, 2020 have issued a Prohibitory Order ("Order") in view of the continuous surge of coronavirus ("COVID-19") cases inside Kathmandu Valley. As per the Order, the following activities shall be prohibited within Kathmandu Valley from August 20, 2020 till August 26, 2020:
- Operation of industrial establishments, businesses and profession, except those producing essential commodities or providing essential services
- Public movements, except to purchase food items, medical supplies or other essential items and services
- Movement of both public and private vehicles, except those transporting essentials goods, medical personnel or security forces
- Public gathering, meetings, seminars, religious and social activities
- Operation of hotels, restaurants, shopping malls, cinema halls, party palaces and other places of public gatherings
Further, the Order has directed Banks and Financial Institutions ("BFIs") to provide online services to its customers. In the event, BFIs are unable to provide online services, they may operate through minimum employees as specified by the Nepal Rastra Bank, the central bank.
Amid the global impact caused by COVID-19, we are concerned about the health and well-being of our staff and their families, as well as our clients and their families.
As per DAOs' Order, we have implemented 'work from home' alternative for our lawyers and staffs. Our lawyers are fully equipped to work from home having remote access to our systems. Each lawyer and staff can be contacted at any time via email or mobile phones, teleconferencing, video-conferencing as usual.
Nepali version of the DOA's Order may be obtained by clicking here.
To download pdf version of this news by click here.