“[T]he best Nepalese lawyer I've encountered.”
"[Devendra] focuses very much on quality, and frankly he's a quality practitioner."
“Clients pay tribute to his approachability, responseiveness and 'complete competence'.”
"[Devendra offers a] realistic perspective that encompasses a more global outlook."
"The impressive Devendra Pradhan earns praise for his practical advice."
"Pradhan was quick to grasp deal specifics, understood French law and was able to reconcile it to Nepal law."
"[Devendra Pradhan's] recommendations are pragmatic, and his firm has helped us achieve our objectives in Nepal at a reasonable cost."
Chambers & Partners
Devendra is the founder and managing partner of the firm. Devendra has more than 26 years’ seasoned experience in commercial and international matter. Devendra has been honored by the Supreme Court of Nepal with the designation and title of "Senior Advocate". Devendra also worked with various law firms in New York and Washington, D.C. In addition to Nepal, Devendra is also admitted as an attorney-at-law in New York, District of Columbia and various Federal Courts in the United States of America.
Devendra focuses his practice on advising and representing foreign companies primarily in the area of aviation, banking and finance, commercial, energy, hydroelectricity, infrastructure project development, telecommunications, technology, mergers & acquisitions, project finance, intellectual property, international franchising, commercial arbitration, cross-border and international transactions, etc.
Devendra has worked in various innovative, high-profile and high-value projects in various areas of commercial law, such as, aviation, banking and finance, hydroelectricity and infrastructure project development, telecommunications, mergers & acquisitions which are among the largest and high-profile projects in the country. Devendra has been advising foreign governments, supranational bodies, bilateral agencies, Fortune 500 multinational companies, international organizations, financial institutions, international agencies, etc.
Devendra has been recognized by Chambers Global, Chambers Asia, Who's Who Legal, Expert Guides, Lawyers World Magazine, ACQ Magazine, InterContinental Finance Magazine, etc. Who's Who Legal has recognized him amongst the world’s leading lawyers in aviation, M&A, project finance and trademark field for the last several years. Legal Media Group's Expert Guides has recognized him amongst the world’s pre-eminent lawyers in aviation, M&A and trademark field. InterContinental Finance Magazine has recognized him as- One of the top 500 Lawyers in the World.
Devendra regularly contributes scholarly articles on various topics of Nepalese commercial laws and on key issues of international laws in various national publications as well as in international law journals and international publications.
Devendra is a member of various national and international professional associations.
- American University, Washington College of Law, Washington, D.C., USA, LL.M. in International Business Law, 2001
Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu, Nepal, Bachelor's Degree in Law, 1990
- Center for American and International Law, Plano, Texas, U.S.A, "Academy of American and International Law", 1999
The University of Queensland, TC Beirne School of Law, Brisbane, Australia, “Training Courses on Project Finance, Construction Law, and International Trade and Finance Law”, 1998
- Nepal, 1991
- New York, 2003
- District of Columbia, 2009
- Supreme Court of the United States, 2008
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, 2008
- United States Court of International Trade, 2003
- United States Tax Court, 2003
- Aircraft Liens & Detention Rights, (Nepal Chapter), Sweet & Maxwell Limited, London (AL R.55: June 2016)
- Aircraft Leasing and Financing in Nepal, Airline Economics, Aviation Law Yearbook 2016, London (February 2016)
- Franchising in Asia 2015: Legal and Business Considerations , (Nepal Chapter), NexNoir Foundation, (First Edition, July 2015), co-authored with Shirshak Ghimire
- Aircraft Finance: Registration, Securities and Enforcement, (Nepal Chapter), Sweet and Maxwell Limited, London (September 2014)
- Country Guides: Insurance, (Nepal Chapter),Thompson Reuters, London (August 2013)
- Country Guides: Money Laundering, (Nepal Chapter),Thompson Reuters, London (January 2013)
- Nepal Opens Door to Foreign Banks, Asia Pacific Regional Forum News, Vol. 19, No. 1, International Bar Association, London (April 2012)
- Getting the Deal Through - Telecoms and Media 2011, (Nepal Chapter), Law Business Research Ltd, London (May 2011)
- Getting the Deal Through - Telecoms and Media 2010, (Nepal Chapter), Law Business Research Ltd, London (May 2010)
- Trademark Law and Practice in Nepal, Intellectual Property 2010, Digital Guide, Executive View Media Limited, London (March 2010)
- Getting the Deal Through - Telecoms and Media 2009, (Nepal Chapter), Law Business Research Ltd, London (May 2009)
- 2008 Antitrust Year in Review, (Nepal Chapter), ABA Section of International Law, Chicago (April 2009)
- Aviation Industry in Nepal: Need to Adhere to Geneva and Cape Town Convention, New Business Age, Kathmandu, Nepal (October-November 2008)
- Getting the Deal Through - Air Transport 2009, (Nepal Chapter), Law Business Research Ltd, London (September 2008)
- Corporate Insolvency Law in Nepal, Insolvency and Creditors’ Right Newsletter, Vol. 14, No. 1, International Bar Association, London (April 2004)
- The Fifth Jurisdiction Under the Montreal Liability Convention: Wandering American or Wandering Everybody?68 J. AIR L. & COM. 717 (2003)
- Doing Business in India, (book review for Juris Publishing, New York) International Business Lawyer, International Bar Association, London (September 2000)
- International Commercial Arbitration, (Nepal Chapter), Oceana Publications, Inc., New York (2000)
- Foreign Direct Investment, Asia Pacific Forum Newsletter, Vol. 8, No. 1, International Bar Association, London (June 2000)
- Arbitration Act 1999, International Business Lawyer, Vol. 28, No. 2, International Bar Association, London (February 2000)
- Banks and the Control of Money Laundering, (Nepal Chapter), Center for International Business Law, London (1999)
- Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards,, International Business Lawyer, , Vol. 26, No. 10, International Bar Association, London (November 1998)
- Company Act 1997, International Business Lawyer, Vol. 26, No. 2, International Bar Association, London (February 1998)