"Pradhan & Associates offers significant expertise in a wide range of aviation matters"
"[Pradhan & Associates] also has noted specializations in aviation ......, amongst others"
Chambers & Partners
The firm has consistently been recognized as a leader in the area of aviation law by major international legal directories. Our lawyers have been ranked by major international legal directories amongst the world's pre-eminent lawyers in aviation field.
We handle contentious as well as non-contentious work in aviation sector.
In non-contentious sector, we have expertise and seasoned experience in advising primarily aircraft and engine manufacturers, foreign aircraft owners and leasing companies, banks and financiers, insurers and reinsurers, airlines and brokers in aircraft purchase-sale, leasing, financing, aviation insurance and re-insurance issues, liens and securitization, transactional, commercial and regulatory matters.
We have handled more than 3 dozen purchase-sale, leasing, financing transactions relating to various types of aircraft, including, Boeing, Airbus, Bombardier, ATR, de Havilland, Cessna, Beechcraft, Dornier and various types of helicopters. Similarly, we have advised aircraft owners and major international lessors, banks and financiers in more than 2 dozen registration of aircraft, creation of liens, mortgage and security interest over aircraft, de-registration of aircraft and other transactions. We advise major aircraft and aircraft component manufacturers and aviation service providers in all aspects of regulatory and commercial issues.
We have been advising various international airlines in establishment, licensing and commencement of commercial operation in Nepal as well as in ongoing regulatory issues.
In contentious sector, we handle matters relating to aircraft leasing disputes, repossession of aircraft, air carriers' liability, management of accident liability claims, accident investigation, accident litigation, etc. We have assisted various national and international airlines and its insurers/reinsurers in the management of about 2 dozen fatal aviation accidents.
We also periodically provide lex situs advice to aircraft purchasers, international airlines, international banks and financial institutions in offshore aircraft purchase-sale, transfer of title and financing/novation transactions.
In this field, we handle following matters:
|Aircraft sale||Aircraft purchase|
|Aircraft leasing||Engine leasing|
|Aircraft financing||Creation of lien and security interest|
|Aircraft registration and de-registration||Repossession of aircraft|
|Aviation insurance and reinsurance issues||Licensing and certification of air carriers|
|Aviation regulatory matters||Aviation accident investigation|
|Aircraft accident claim management||Aviation accident litigation|
- Aviation Law Firm of the Year in Nepal - Legal Awards 2015 – Corporate INTL Magazine
- Aviation Law Firm of the Year in Nepal - ACQ Global Awards 2015 – ACQ Magazine
- Aviation Law Firm of the Year in Nepal - Global Law Experts Practice Awards 2014 – Global Law Experts
- Aviation Law Firm of the Year in Nepal - Legal Awards 2014 – Corporate INTL Magazine
- Aviation Law Firm of the Year in Nepal - ACQ Global Awards 2013 – ACQ Magazine
- Aviation Law Firm in Nepal - Leading Lawyer Awards 2012 – Lawyers World Magazine
- Aviation Law Firm of the Year in Nepal - ACQ Global Awards 2012 – ACQ Magazine
- Aviation Law Firm of the Year in Nepal - DealMakers Global Awards 2012 - DealMakers Monthly Magazine
- Aviation Law Firm of the Year in Nepal - DealMaker Country Awards 2012 - DealMakers Monthly Magazine
- The International Who's Who of Aviation Lawyers 2010, 2011 and 2012 - Who's Who Legal
- Aviation Law Firm of the Year in Nepal - ACQ Law Awards 2011 - ACQ Magazine
Aviation Industry in Nepal: Need to Adhere to Geneva and Cape Town Convention, New Business Age, Kathmandu, Nepal
Authored by Devendra Pradhan. Reproduced with permission from New Business Age.
Getting the Deal Through - Air Transport 2009, (Nepal Chapter), Law Business Research Ltd, London
Authored by Devendra Pradhan. Reproduced with permission from Law Business Research. This article was first published in Getting the Deal Through - Air Transport 2009, (published in September 2008; consulting editors Rachel Brandenburger and Natasha Good - Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP). For further information please visit www.GettingTheDealThrough.com